Friday 12 April 2013

the brunchier side of lunch

temporary lack of resources, so I used a home-made
personal sandwhich. the ones you get onthe street
look much, much better ;) 

I'm in a hurry again, as always. But I wanted to write about the Dutch way to have lunch. Which is.. easy, light and snack-y. Is that even a word?

In the last placed I've lived in, sunny Lisboa, people were used to have a big lunch (with soup, a main course and a delicious pastry desert) and a big (and very late) dinner. In between, they would have a little snack meal called a "lanche"(which you can also do between breakfast and lunck). 

The Dutch do it a little different. First of all, they have dinner earlier, around 6 or 7 pm. That's understandable, since most of the year it gets dark and cold and all you want is to go to bed early. However, lunch is closer to a snack. Either some "tostis", some nice sandwiches or a bowl of soup, the Dutch lunch is light, easy and stylish (both the food and the restaurants/cafés always look soooo pretty).

I personally find it quite beneficial, since afterwards you can still continue your day with energy, without having that feeling of I-need-to-sleep-and-I-need-to-sleep-now-I-think-I-will-fall-asleep-here-on-this-chair. It's also easy to pack, easy to take with, fast to eat. I'm in :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment